Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the easiest flan recipe! Its rich and delicious and the maple gives it a wonderful flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix beaten eggs, milk and maple syrup.
- On the stove top, combine water and sugar.
- Cook until sugar turns golden brown.
- Line bottoms of custard cups with sugar syrup, about a tablespoon in each cup.
- Discard leftovers.
- If you are using a baking dish instead of custard cups line the bottom of the baking dish with sugar mixture.
- Discard extra syrup.
- Fill the cups/dish with custard mixture.
- Bake in a water bath for around 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean from the center.
- Chill for 3 hours before serving.
I thought the recipe was rather bland. I think I will make it again using some cinnamon or nutmet.
I had this recipe a long time ago, except mine called for 1 cup whole milk and 1 cup heavy cream. I lost it, and was so bummed out. Then I came across this one, and happy days are here again! Thanks!