Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very easy to make candy recipe. Not only the caramel, but the chocolate makes this rich and delectable 8)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups Dark Karo syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- Butter a 9x13 cake pan.
- In a large heavy pan, melt the sugar, cream, syrup and butter.
- Bring mixture to a boil and boil until it reaches exactly 250° on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Stir until chocolate has melted and add nuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Cool in a refrigerator. Store in fridge.