Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family loves these. The recipe is very similar to gooey butter cake, but I think it uses a little less powdered sugar so it can be cut into bars. Same great flavor, but easier to eat.
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional powdered sugar
- In a bowl, cut butter into cake mix until crumbly.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Press into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325; bake 10 minutes longer.
- Dust with powdered sugar while warm.
- Cool to room temperature before cutting.