Recipe by silver282
The ingredients are very simple but the flavor is very rich and deep. My mom told me to make a pasta sauce with some fresh basil she had on hand. I searched everywhere for something simple with simple ingredients and couldn't find anything so I created this. I used it with spaghetti but works will with any pasta. It's very good!! I like to mix the milk with whipped chive flavored cream cheese for extra kick.
- 8 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 8 basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (powdered, not fresh) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Put garlic cloves and basil in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add olive oil and paramsean to the mixture and process until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Heat the butter onto a large pan or wok until melted.
- Mix in the basil mixture and stir over medium heat.
- Cook until garlic is clear and basil is soft for 4 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk into the wok/pan while stirring. Simmer for 5-8 minutes.