Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The ingredients are very simple but the flavor is very rich and deep. My mom told me to make a pasta sauce with some fresh basil she had on hand. I searched everywhere for something simple with simple ingredients and couldn't find anything so I created this. I used it with spaghetti but works will with any pasta. It's very good!! I like to mix the milk with whipped chive flavored cream cheese for extra kick.
- 8 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 8 basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (powdered, not fresh) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Put garlic cloves and basil in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add olive oil and paramsean to the mixture and process until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Heat the butter onto a large pan or wok until melted.
- Mix in the basil mixture and stir over medium heat.
- Cook until garlic is clear and basil is soft for 4 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk into the wok/pan while stirring. Simmer for 5-8 minutes.
This was really good. I added a little extra basil and some crushed red pepper flakes to give it more flavor. This is very easy and yummy!
Like the others this was simple, fast and easy to make. I don't have a food processor so I just blended crushed garlic and finely shredded fresh basil, it worked great! Also I only had fresh parmesan cheese and that worked to, mine was probably a different consistency than anyone else's outcome, but tasty nonetheless! Thanks!
Simple and easy to make, nice and creamy. Thanks!