Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe will make a punch bowl full of eggnog.
Make and share this Rich and Creamy Eggnog recipe from Food.com.
- 12 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 quart whole milk (4 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 quarts heavy cream, divided (6 cups)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 2 cups cognac
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened (or more, if desired)
- In a very large bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick and pale yellow. Gradually add the sugar and nutmeg, and beat until well mixed. Using a wire whisk, beat in the milk, 4 cups of heavy cream, vanilla extract, bourbon, rum, and cognac.
- Before serving, beat the egg whites with a 1/4 cup of sugar until stiff, and fold into the egg mixture. Whip the remaining 2 cups of heavy cream, and fold into the egg mixture. Fold in the ice cream; gently stir to combine all ingredients.
- Sprinkle individual servings with additional nutmeg.
- NOTE: Eggnog can be refrigerated; however, the cream will rise to the top. Stir the mixture gently to recombine before serving. The amount of liquor can be adjusted to taste.