Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mom and Grand Ma's Famous Rice and Potatoes
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- First soak your rice in cold water and rinse 2-3 times changing the water to clean water each time.
- Then in another large pot par-boil the rice with fresh water and 2 tspn kosher salt.
- Bring rice to a boil until just cooked and strain,.
- Cool the rice down with cold water in the sink.
- In the non stick sauce pot melt 1/4 cup of the butter and 1/3 cup olive oil.
- Pat dry your potato slices with a dry towel and arrange in the bottom of the sauce pot till most of the bottom is covered with the potatoes.
- If there is any open space left in the pot use any left-over potato to fill it inches.
- Add the rice into the pot covering potatoes and dot the top of the rice with the remaining butter,cover with lid and cook at medium heat for 20-30 minute.
- Check with a wooden spoon the potato on the inside edge of the pot to see if done.
- The potatoes will be golden brown and that's good sign the ones in the middle are done too.
- You can serve this with just about anything a hearty tomato and beef stew,.
- Chicken or beef kebabs,but most of all enjoy.