1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A light recipe for those of us counting our calories and fat grams! If you do not eat the skin of the chicken, it only has 310 calories and 10 grams of fat per serving, and is quite satisfying!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice (brown or regular is fine)
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 cup chopped prune
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -3 1/2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Mix all ingredients except chicken.
- 3Fill body cavity and neck cavity of the chicken with the rice mixture.
- 4Make sure not to pack the stuffing to tight, as this inhibits even and full cooking of the chicken.
- 5Tie if or as desired.
- 6Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 7Roast, uncovered, for 1 1/2 to 1 hour 45 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- 8Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- 9Remove and discard skin.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.3
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 170.2 mg
- Sodium 305.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 44.1 g