Recipe by ChipotleChick
A recipe my grandma used to make for my brother and I.
Top Review by rusticgirl
I tried to be clever by using puffed brown rice cereal instead of the sugar and high fructose corn syrup-laden Rice Krispies. Total fail, LOL. It turned really soggy. The flavour was terrific, though!! Had I used the Rice Krispies, it would've stayed nice and crunchy, so this gets 5 stars. If anyone is wondering, the puffed brown rice tastes exactly like rice cakes - different from Rice Krispies, but still a nice flavour. Doesn't work as a substitute in this recipe, though.
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt peanut butter, chocolate, and butterscotch chips in microwave or on medium low heat on the stove.
- Pour over the cereal.
- Mix well and drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet, or press evenly into a 9x9" pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- If pressed in a pan, cut into bars.