Chocolate Crispy Rice Clusters
Confectionery made easy!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup semisweet baking chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 cup Rice Krispies (approx, see directions)
- Line a mini-muffin pan with mini-muffin paper cups. Fill each cup about halfway with Rice Krispies. No real measurement required here.
- Carefully melt the chocolate chips (can also use bar chocolate for baking, candy melts would also work but already have a lot of added flavor thus taking away from the vanilla-cinnamon combo) either on stovetop or in the microwave. If microwaving, be VERY careful because culinary chocolate can burn if nuked too hard!
- When it's a nice stirring consistency, stir in the vanilla and cinnamon.
- While the chocolate is still hot, spoon over the Rice Krispies, coating them well.
- Gently re-microwave if mixture begins to stiffen.
- Freeze the pan for at least 2 hours prior to eating.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Considering I had no cupcake pans, I had to slightly modify this recipe. I ended up mixing the rice krispies into the chocolate and then forming little balls that I put on a cookie tray to freeze. I think they turned out decent, but I feel that milk chocolate might have come out better. Thanks for posting. Made for New Kids on the Block 2010.Reply