Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
For those of you who don't think you get enough vegetables in your vegetable fried rice at the Chinese restaurant, this recipe is for you.
- 4 ounces broccoli
- 4 ounces cauliflower
- 4 ounces baby carrots
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1 portabella mushroom (halved, then sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper
- To prepare: Chop broccoli, cauliflower and carrots into bite-size pieces and boil them for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Then, prepare the rice by adding 1 tbs butter, salt and green onion to the 1 cup of water, bring to a boil, add rice, lower heat and cover for 20 minutes.
- When the rice is done, add it to the mixing bowl with the vegetables.
- In the same pot, raise the heat to medium and fry the mushrooms with the remaining butter, add the ginger and garlic.
- Cook until wilted about 5 minutes.
- Then add everything in the mixing bowl to the pot and heat everything together about 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve hot.