Recipe by LonghornMama
Similar to horchata, but easier. Light and sweet drink from Southern Living. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by **Mandy**
This was nice, different to anything I've had before, the cinnamon flavour is nice & strong & the drink is lovely on a hot day. I also added it to coffee for a cinnamon infused iced coffee which was lovely. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 (32 ounce) containers rice milk
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup sugar
- cinnamon stick (optional)
- crushed ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Break one cinnamon stick into small pieces. Cook in a small skillet over high heat 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Process cinnamon pieces, rice milk and 3 cups milk, in batches, in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a saucepan, discarding cinnamon pieces.
- Stir in sugar and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Chill 2 to 4 hours. Serve over crushed ice with cinnamon sticks, if desired.