Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
In 'Quick-Fix Southern' by Rebecca Lang
Pecan Bourbon Butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Bourbon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 4 rib eye steaks, 1 inch thick, about 3/4 lb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Pecan Bourbon Butter--combine the butter, pecans, bourbon, salt, pepper, and parsley in a small bowl.
- Transfer to a sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a 3 1/2 inch long log; chill for 1 hour.
- Rub both sides of the steaks with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the steaks for about 4 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the second side for med-rare.
- Transfer the steaks to a plate.
- Top each steak with a 1/4-inch thick slice of Pecan Bourbon Butter.
- Allow the steaks to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.