Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from Arthur J. Shamcross, January 10, 2005. Good stuff.
Make and share this Rhubarb Strawberry Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup whole fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Wash the rhubarb. Do not peel. Mash and drain the strawberries and remove the hulls.
- Cream the butter until soft and add beaten eggs. Stir until smooth.
- Combine the sugar and the cornstarch and add to the butter/egg mixture and mix well.
- Put fruits together in the pastry lined pie pan and pour egg mixture over the fruit.
- Adjust crisscross pastry strips for the top. Moisten the rim with cold water.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes and then turn down the heat to 325 and bake until filling has thickened and the top is nicely browned, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving. Serve soon after making when flavor is best.