Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 cups rhubarb, 1
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, Grated
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Combine all ingredients except butter or margarine.
- Line a 9" pie plate with Orange Pastry.
- Fill with rhubarb mixture and dot with the butter or margarine.
- Top with lattice crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Made this in Memory of Ed,,,,B.B.'s hubby.
Love Rhubarb Pie and this one is delicious.
I would have to say this was on the tart side,which I prefer, but I used 3 cups of cooked down rhubarb. It started out as 6 cups uncooked and I microwaved it for about 12 minutes. I omitted the butter on top and the lattice crust which my mom used to do, it turns out great and less work involved. I like that there isn't very many ingredients and still tastes great. Oshkosh, WI