Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Even non rhubarb eaters love Rhubarb-Orange Cream pie! It’s a never fail recipe and a good way to use up your surplus rhubarb. You can freeze rhubarb so that you can have this pie in any season.
- Beat egg whites in bowl until stiff.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Add butter and orange concentrate to egg yolks; beat thoroughly.
- Add 1 cup sugar, flour and salt; beat well.
- Add rhubarb to yolk mixture; stir well.
- Gently fold in meringue.
- Pour into pastry-lined pan; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake on bottom rack in 375 oven 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 F.
- ;bake 45 to 50 minutes more.
- Cool on rack.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Farm Journals Best Ever Recipes.