Recipe by MarieRynr
This is my favorite Rhubarb pie recipe. Once you have rhubarb pie done this way you won't want it any other way again. I guarantee!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 baked 9 inch pie shell
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- melt butter.
- Add rhubarb and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until the rhubarb is tender.
- (about 10 minutes).
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Mix carefully into hot rhubarb mixture.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes until thick and bubbly.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- For meringue, beat together egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Beat in vanilla and continue to beat, whilst slowly adding sugar until stiff peaks form and it is glossy.
- Spread over filling and brown in 350*F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.