Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is delicious and oh so English. Time does not include chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rhubarb
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons white chocolate, shaved
Rhubarb Lemonade (use reserved rhubarb juice)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 glass sweet wine (optional)
- Wash and trim Rhubarb.
- Cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Put in a sauce pan with water, sugar and lemon zest.
- Cover and cook till pulpy, about 10 minute.
- Strain through a sieve and reserve juices for Lemonade.
- Allow pulp to cool down.
- Add icing sugar to Mascarpone and whisk together.
- Gently fold in creme fraiche and 1/2 the Rhubarb.
- Put remaining rhubarb in dessert glasses and spoon fool mixture on top.
- Chill 3 hours in fridge.
- Serve with chocolate shavings on top.
- Rhubarb Lemonade:.
- Pass the juice trough a fine sieve and add the lemon juice. Taste add more sugar if necessary.
- Add the sweet wine if using.
- Serve in chilled glasses with Fool.
Sorry Connie to give such a low rating, but this just did NOT appeal to my family--and we're ALL Rhubarb Lovers (with capital letters!). On the other hand I LOVED the Rhubarb Lemonade (no one else cared for it though). It's just kind of boring. As I was thinking about it later, maybe to add some lemon juice or flavoring to the mascarpone/fraiche mixture to give it a bit of a kick. I feel bad to give it such a low rating, but this really does reflect our true opinion of the recipe.