Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cool summertime dessert. Family favorite.
- 2 lbs rhubarb (about 8cups cut up)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 can lite evaporated milk or 1 can evaporated low-fat milk
- Stew rhubarb and sugar and water until soft.
- Stir in Jello.
- Chill evaporated milk in tin.
- Then whip until.
- double in bulk.
- Fold into Jello mixture.
- Chill and serve.
High flavour! Very refreshing for a hot summer day. A little tart (which I like), but you must like rhubarb to enjoy. I whipped the milk quite a bit more, so mine could have easily served 6-8.
A few strawberries can also be used with the rhubarb. If you find it needs more sweetener, use artifical topping such as Cool Whip instead of the milk.