Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Another good way to use rhubarb.
Make and share this Rhubarb Filled Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Mix filling ingredients and cook until soft. Set aside and chill.
- To prepare DOUGH: Cream butter, add sugar and cream together well. Beat eggs and add to this mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mix alternating with milk and vanilla.
- Chill dough.
- On floured board, roll out dough 1/2" thick. Using a 2" cutter, cut out cookies.
- Place cookies on a greased or sprayed cookie sheet.
- Cover dough with a teaspoon of filling. Top with another cookie and press edges together with tines of a floured fork.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 10 minutes.
I made these cookies this morning. I would add 1 more cup of flour to the cookie dough so as to be able to work with it easier.I chilled my dough overnight, and found I needed more flour, then I added it this morning. You will have lots of filling, but make sure to cook it long enough to thicken. The cookies taste great. I used a larger cutter and almost made 2 dozen. I would probably use a 350 degF oven and test the timing, probably about 10 minutes.