Recipe by tazdevilfan
Cream cheese adds an extra special touch to this yummy concoction that our friends and family just love.
Top Review by Halcyon Eve
This was delicious! I used reduced fat cream cheese (Neufchatel) and lowfat yogurt, and I used fresh strawberries instead of frozen sweetened strawberries. It was plenty sweet, more a shake than a smoothie. It had a rich flavor and a smooth, creamy texture. We all loved it (my toddler barely paused for breath!). Thanks, tazdevilfan!
- 2 cups diced fresh rhubarb or 2 cups frozen rhubarb
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sliced frozen sweetened strawberries
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring the rhubarb, water and 2 tablespoons honey to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, combine the ice cream, milk, rhubarb mixture, strawberries, cream cheese, yogurt, confectioners' sugar, ice cubes and remaining honey; cover and process for 1 minute or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.