Top Review by LainieBug
I love sauerkraut so the amount on this sandwich was right up my alley. I used a bread from a local bakery called Rye Swirl, which is half rye and half white bread. I think the slice of cheese I used wasn't thick enough as the cheese kind of got lost with the amount of corned beef and sauerkraut, so will use thicker sliced cheese next time.
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 ounces thinly sliced corned beef
- 2 ounces sauerkraut
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat medium skillet over medium heat.
- Butter bread on one side.
- Place one slice of bread, buttered side down, in skillet.
- Layer corned beef, sauerkraut and mozzarella on bread.
- Top with remaining slice of bread.
- Cook, turning once, until bread is browned, sandwich is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.