I love ruebens and this is another easy and yummy way to make them. From BH&G.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 sweet onion, like Vidalia, halved and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (I use olive oil)
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup bottled thousand island dressing
- 8 ounces thinly sliced corned beef, cut into strips
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (4 oz.)
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2In a medium skillet cook onion in 1 tablespoons of oil until tender.
- 3Add sauerkraut and 1/2 teaspoon of the caraway seed; cook for 2-3 minutes or until any liquid is evaporated.
- 4Brush some of the remaining oil onto 2 of the tortillas.
- 5Place, oiled side down, on two large pizza pans or baking sheets.
- 6Spread salad dressing onto tortillas.
- 7Top with corned beef, onion mixture, and swiss cheese.
- 8Top with remaining tortillas.
- 9Brush with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining caraway seed.
- 10Bake about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 11Cut into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reuben Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1190.8
- Calories from Fat 649
- Total Fat 72.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 168.8 mg
- Sodium 3019.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 48.1 g