Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love ruebens and this is another easy and yummy way to make them. From BH&G.
Make and share this Reuben Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, like Vidalia, halved and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (I use olive oil)
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup bottled thousand island dressing
- 8 ounces thinly sliced corned beef, cut into strips
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium skillet cook onion in 1 tablespoons of oil until tender.
- Add sauerkraut and 1/2 teaspoon of the caraway seed; cook for 2-3 minutes or until any liquid is evaporated.
- Brush some of the remaining oil onto 2 of the tortillas.
- Place, oiled side down, on two large pizza pans or baking sheets.
- Spread salad dressing onto tortillas.
- Top with corned beef, onion mixture, and swiss cheese.
- Top with remaining tortillas.
- Brush with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining caraway seed.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges to serve.