Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Source: Rachael Ray Magazine March 2008
- 1 (1 lb) packagerefrigerated pizza dough
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese, preferably imported Swiss or 1 1⁄2 cups emmenthaler cheese
- 1 lb deli-sliced corned beef (or pastrami)
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bread and butter pickles
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 425°.
- Cut the pizza dough in half and form each half into a disk.
- Place on a lightly floured work surface and cover one piece with a towel.
- Roll out the other piece of dough into a 9-inch round and place on a parchmentlined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top, leaving a 1-inch border all around.
- Arrange the pastrami and then the sauerkraut evenly on top.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Roll out the second piece of dough into a 10-inch round and place over the filling.
- Tightly crimp together the edges to seal.
- Brush the top with the olive oil and cut 3 vents in the center.
- Bake the pizza until browned and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool briefly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, ketchup and pickles.
- Cut the pizza into wedges and serve with the sauce.