Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love corned beef. This is an excellent quick meal. From: Recipe Xchange
Make and share this Reuben Hotdish recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs corned beef (or canned)
- 4 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 ounces melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -6 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 12 -16 slices caraway bread, cubed
- Mix sour cream, sauerkraut, garlic powder and onions.
- Put into a 9x13 inch greased pan; add layer of meat.
- Add all of the cheese; add cubed bread on top. Pour melted margarine over bread.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.
For true Reuben lovers this was FANTASTIC! Very good and easy to make. Used a little Thousand Island Dressing on the side to dip each bite in which topped off an already superb flavor! Cant wait to have it again!
Awesome! I can't believe I'm the first to review this! Where are all the reuben lovers? I had 1 lb of deli corned beef, so I (easily) halved the recipe and used and 8x8 pan. i made this as written and I wouldn't change a thing. This would be a great potluck dish. Thanx for sharing this; I'll make this again.