Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I love the taste of sauerkraut but I don't eat red meat, so using chicken makes more sense. I'm not a big meat eater as a rule, but now and again I do enjoy a small piece of chicken. I also avoid dairy where I can.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup vegan thousand island dressing
- 6 slices vegan Swiss cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'f.
- Pound each chicken breast half between two pieces of waxed paper to slightly flattened. Don't pound too hard, these thin out fast.
- Once flattened, place breasts a 13x19x2 inch baking dish coated with spray oil.
- Brush the chicken with salad dressing and then cover each with sauerkraut. Cover the dish with a sheet of foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and top with cheese.
- Bake for another 20 minutes until chicken juices are clear and cheese is melted.
- Bon Appetit.