This is my take on the Classic Shrimp Cocktail! Layers of shrimp, avocado, and baby greens nestled in a creamy homemade Marie-Rose sauce, served in chilled cocktail glasses or shot glasses! A lovely appetizer for cocktail parties, holidays or special occasions. I like to nibble on one of these pre-dinner, while sipping my favorite cocktail beverage (a Margarita of course!). I hope you enjoy. Cheers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs peeled cooked shrimp or 1 1/2 lbs prawns, chilled
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- Worcestershire sauce, a few drops (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mixed mesclun lettuce leaves
- 1 firm ripe avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- sour cream, to serve
- cracked pink peppercorns
- additional fresh coriander, to garnish
- additional fresh chives, to garnish
- 8 fresh lemon wedges (optional, to decorate)
- 1Reserve 8 shrimp for decoration.
- 2In a bowl stir together the ketchup, mayonnaise, Tabasco Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, and lemon juice. Cover and chill for several hours. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- 3When ready to serve, line 8 chilled cocktail glasses (or use large shot glasses) with baby lettuce leaves. Add a layer of diced avocados, if using, and sprinkle with snipped coriander and chives.
- 4Arrange several shrimp (about 5) in each glass. The amount of shrimp depends on what size they are. Spoon on the cocktail sauce and lightly mix through the shrimp.
- 5Finish each cocktail with a small dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle lightly with cracked pink pepper and paprika.
- 6Sprinkle with additional coriander and chives, and garnish with a shrimp over the edge of the glass.
- 7Add a lemon wedge, if desired - although the cocktail sauce should be lemony enough!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Retro Shrimp Marie Cocktail Shots
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.3
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 181.2 mg
- Sodium 946.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 20.2 g