Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Or maybe this qualifies as a VINTAGE recipe. Simple and delicious, a long-time family favorite. Hey...how about TURKEY!!! This recipe will also come in handy during the holidays! 1-08-08...I just made this with (leftover) turkey and it was very good. One caution...if made with crumbs instead of cubes, it has a different texture. I prefer using the cubes because it comes out more like stuffing with chunks of poultry in it. And we like our stuffing!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chunks
- 8 slices white bread cubes
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Saute celery and butter in butter.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour in buttered loaf pan.
- Bake 30 minute at 375.
- Serve with chicken gravy. Or maybe a bechamel sauce -- did we have bechamel in those days?
I made this for my DH and he enjoyed it with some mushroom gravy. I did use bread crumbs instead of the fresh bread. Thanks!