Recipe by Bea A Gal...
Just tested this recipe I compiled.. The taste was good. Refreshing. I cooked this for my husband and myself. I did not add potatoes so I could freeze the leftovers. Having leftovers is an added blessing for the 2 of us, however if we have a larger crowd I would add 2 cups cubed potatoes an hour (or until potatoes are fork tender) before you hare ready to serve. Serve with cornbread from recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/83625 Hope you enjoy...
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 0.5 (4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 18 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups green beans, frozen
- 1 (8 ounce) can carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef with Lipton onion soup mix. Crumble.
- Add to tomatoes, and frozen green bean. Heat till green bean are loose and able to stir them.
- rinse carrots and garbanzo beans and add to soup with 4 cups water.
- Add pepper to taste and stir in tomato paste.
- Simmer on med high tell done.
- If you freeze leftovers.Thaw and heat.