Recipe by Barb G.
A different ambrosia salad, dessert Courtesy Emeril Lagasse.
Top Review by Natalia 3
The tastes in this salad are good. But I thought the consistency of the creamy dressing became a bit too thin soon after it was combined with the fruit. I did not understand the fruit measurements. I used a full 3 oranges and 2 grapefruits even though that was way more than 1.5 cups of fruit. This recipe is not bad. I think everyone enjoyed it...I just recommend serving it very soon after it is made. And watch the coconut carefully so it does not burn.
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature (about 4-ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ripe fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped (about 5 1/2 cups)
- 2⁄3 cup maraschino cherry
- 3 oranges, peeled and sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and sliced (about1/2 cup)
- 1 cup toasted pecans (7 minutes at 350 degrees)
- 1 cup coconut (10 minutes at 350 degrees)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, brown sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl; whisk to blend.
- Add the pineapple, cherries, oranges, grapefruit, and pecans and stir to mix; place in a serving dish, garnish with the coconut, and serve immediately, enjoy.