Recipe by CabinKat
I have searched long and hard for a really good, chewy, thick, pizza crust that I could put together in the bread machine. I feel that this is the closest one that I have come across that compares closely to Caesar's Pizza or Pizza Hut. You can bake this 3 different ways, which I have listed to get a unique texture each time. I have listed the ingredients in the order of my own bread machine.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (120 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon msg (Accent) (optional)
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast (or 1 package)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in the order I have indicated or according to your own bread machine. Be sure NOT to let the baking powder hit any of the liquid ingredients.
- Select the dough cycle with a 1.5 pound loaf size. Hit Start.
- Once dough is finished, it will be a bit sticky so use a bit of olive oil on your hands to remove and place in an oiled bowl for raising. Cover with plastic wrap and let raise in a non-drafty place for an hour.
- You can also let it raise overnight in your fridge if you wish to develop the dough's flavor and elasticity.
- Once raised, place dough on floured surface. You may need to add a bit more flour to get the texture to thicken a bit. Knead just a few minutes, less is best. Shape dough to 3/4 the size of the pan.
- Oil and sprinkle with cornmeal a pizza pan and then finish shaping dough into it. If using a pizza stone, place dough on pizza peel sprinkled with a bit of cornmeal. Once shaped andplaced, brush a little olive oil around edges. Top with your favorite ingredients. Pizza should be baked on lowest rack in oven.
- Here are your choices for baking, preheat oven completely first:.
- Cast Iron Pan: 9-10 minutes on 400ºF. Then raise to broiler and broil additional 4-5 minutes.
- Aluminum Pan: 11-12 minutes 425ºF. Then raise to broiler and broil additional 3-4 minutes.
- Pizza Stone: 10-12 minutes 425ºF. Then raise to broiler and broil additional 3-4 minutes.
- If you are high elevation, decrease your temperate on all choices by 25ºF.
- DO NOT OPEN OVEN AND CHECK ON PIZZA UNTIL YOUR MINIMUM BAKING TIME HAS COMPLETE. Once minimum time is complete, check and if near golden brown, do step two with the broiler. Cool 5-10 minutes and cut.
- Makes 1 14"-16" Pizza.