Recipe by Cynna
This recipe comes from the brand new cookbook "Kidney Friendly Comfort Foods" endorsed by Isaac Hayes. This dish is not only VERY low in sodium, phosphorus and potassium, it's also very delicious and simple to prepare! As a dialysis patient, I'm always on the lookout for these kinds of recipes and I just thought I'd share!
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 scallions, coarsely chopped
- cayenne pepper or scotch bonnet pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix last 8 ingredients and coat pork tenderloin.
- Marinate at least 2 hours.
- Roast uncovered for about 35 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 degrees.
- Let roast sit about 10 minutes to let juices settle.
- Slice and serve!