1/1 Photo of Refrigerator Rolls
Barb Gertz's Note:
I have used this recipe for years. Really used it alot when my kids were growing up also when I had day care.The recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook 1953. It is great as you can use it to make different rolls also fried bread. It keeps well refrigerated for a week or better. prep time does not include riseing time.
My Private Note
Dozen R ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften dry yeast in warn water (110 degrees).
- 2Add the 1 teaspoon sugar to yeast mixture.
- 3Add milk, cooled to lukewarm, shortening,3/4 cup sugar, and salt.
- 4Add eggs and beat well.
- 5Add flour to make a soft dough.
- 6(I use my mixer with Dough Hook).
- 7Let stand 10 minutes.
- 8Knead on lightly floured surface till smooth and elastic.
- 9Pleace in greased Bowl, and cover.
- 10Store in refrigerator.
- 11Shape rolls about 2 hours before serving.
- 12Let rise till double in bulk.
- 13Bake in hot oven 425 degrees 15 to 20 minutes.
- 14Punch down unused dough and return to refrigerator.
- 15Makes 4 to 5 dozen medium rolls.
- 16This dough is great as you can use it in so manny ways, Rolls, Cinnamon Rolls& etc.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refrigerator Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (2404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1715.7
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 2431.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 284.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 39.4 g
- Protein 40.8 g