1/2 Photos of Refrigerator Rolls
A great dinner roll. Or use this all purpose dough for cinnamon rolls, Swedish Tea Ring, or homemade "brown and serve" rolls. A keeper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup of warm water and set aside for 15 minutes or so.
- 2In a large bowl, add hot water and shortening. Let set until shortening melts.
- 3Add sugar and salt.
- 4Let cool until tepid.
- 5Add beaten eggs.
- 6Add two c.
- 7flour and mix well.
- 8Add yeast mixture.
- 9Stir and continue adding flour until a soft dough is formed
- 10Turn out on floured board and knead until the dough is pliable.
- 11Generously oil a large bowl and place dough in it.
- 12Turn dough in bowl until coated w/ oil.
- 13Cover w/ lid or heavy plate.
- 14Refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
- 15When ready to use, punch dough down.
- 16Turn out on floured board and halve dough.
- 17You may make several styles of rolls with this.
- 18Cloverleaf rolls: Cut dough halve into three equal pieces.
- 19Cut the three pieces into 24 equal pieces.
- 20You have 72 pieces of dough.
- 21Grease 2 muffin tins (makes 24 rolls).
- 22Work dough into floured balls.
- 23Place three in each muffin tin.
- 24Brush with melted butter and let raise until doubled.
- 25Cook at 350F for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crusty.
- 26Brush w/ melted butter and serve.
- 27*These rolls may be made ahead, allowed to raise and frozen in muffin tins.
- 28Thaw for an hour and bake as usual.
- 29**These rolls may be cooked half way through, removed from oven, allowed to cool and are then frozen. When ready cook frozen for another 10-15 minutes until cooked through and browned.
- 30Thus ...A homemade version of"brown and serve".
- 31***Dough will keep in fridge for two days.
- 32Keep punching it down.
- 33****Dough makes great cinnamon buns or try Swedish tea ring which is filled w/ fruit of choice and cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refrigerator Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 52.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g