Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Every few weeks I have to purge my refrigerator and find a use for the fresh vegetables I didn't use all of in previous dishes. This particular dish and it's subsequent ingredients vary dependent on what I have in the refrigerator and what protein strikes my fancy that day, but the end result is always the same, delicious! Essentially, everything listed as an ingredient besides those used in the sauce can be substituted for what you have in the refrigerator or freezer. Just remember, color and texture and let your imagination run free!
- 1⁄2 lb farfalle pasta
- 1 red pepper
- 3 medium carrots
- 4 large mushrooms
- 4 white asparagus
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup arugula
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- olive oil
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Cook Farfalle Pasta until al dente and set aside
- In large saute pan, brown Hot Italian Sausage until cooked thoroughly. Drain and set aside.
- Finely dice shallots and mince garlic
- Cut the fresh vegetables into bite sized portions. Keep in mind, that ingredients should be similar in size to ensure evenness while cooking.
- In same saute pan, cover the bottom on the pan with olive oil. Add shallots and garlic and saute until translucent
- Add white wine, chicken broth,cream, Greek seasoning, and salt and pepper Allow to boil, then turn down to a simmer.
- Add the vegetable ingredients and allow to cook until they are tender but not mushy.
- Add frozen peas and sausage and cook for approximately 3 minutes or until warmed thoroughly
- Add pasta and toss until ingredients are mixed thoroughly
- Serve with fresh arugula and cheese