Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This refrigerator dessert is so good!. This can also be made in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, but I suggest doubling all ingredients. If you do not want to use all half and half cream for the pudding, then use half of each, whole full-fat milk and half and half cream, lower fat milk does not hold up well for the pudding in this dessert. This dessert will keep well for up to 5 days in the fridge, but believe me you won't have to worry about that, it will be gone in one day LOL! I have made this using chocolate pudding also.
- 30 -32 graham crackers (do not crush)
- 1 (6 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix (large box)
- half-and-half cream (for pudding)
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 -8 tablespoons whipping cream or 5 -8 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare an 11 x 7-inch baking dish, you can even prepare this in a large glass trifle bowl.
- Arrange a layer of crackers on the bottom of the dish (you might have to break some to fit).
- Prepare pudding as directed on the box (using half and half cream in place of milk) chill in the fridge for 15 minutes, then spread over the crackers in the dish.
- Whip the 2-1/2 cups of whipping cream with the confectioners sugar and vanilla (add more confectioners sugar than 4 tablespoons for a sweeter taste if desired).
- Spread the whipped cream over the pudding in the pan.
- Arrange remaining crackers on top of the whipped cream.
- For the topping: in a bowl, mix the 2-1/2 cups confectioners sugar with the whipping cream or half and half (start with 5 tablespoons adding more to make a smooth spreadable glaze.
- Spread thinly over crackers.
- Melt the chocolate with butter in the microwave until melted; stir with a small spoon until smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the glaze and run a knife through to create swirls or designs.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours (can be prepared early in the morning, and served in the evening, but better if refrigerated overnight).