Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Refreshing, sweet wine beverage is perfect for hot summer days! My husband came up with this recipe.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 bottles red wine
- 2 large pears, sliced into wedges
- 4 kiwi fruits, sliced out of their peels
- 4 oranges, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 4 apples, sliced into wedges
- 6 strawberries
- lemon wedge
- Add sugar to a large pot.
- Add just enough water to submerge the sugar.
- Bring water to a boil until all sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add 2 Bottles of Red Wine.
- Add all fruit, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Refrigerate everything overnight.
- Pour all liquid through a strainer into large pitcher Serve over ice with a lemon wedge if desired You can also eat the wine soaked fruit!