Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great drink for a hot summer day or when you want to serve to guests. Refrigerate the sparkling mineral water (or Sprite) before you make the drink so that you can drink it right away!
- Make syrup: Place raspberries in medium bowl.
- Add sugar and lime juice and mash with back of wooden spoon.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture through fine sieve to remove seeds and set aside.
- Make drink: Fill 4 large glasses with ice and pour 1/4 cup syrup in each glass.
- Add 3/4 cup sparkling mineral water (or sprite).
- Stir to combine.
- Top with 1/2 cup sparkling water (or sprite.).
- Garnish glasses with fresh raspberries or lime wedges if desired.
This was indeed a refreshing beverage. It is very sour; I needed to add quite a bit more sugar than the recipe called for. I used sparkling water, which I would do again. My daughter especially enjoyed this. I thought it was very tasty and would make this again.
I just made this and I'm really enjoying it! It is indeed tart, but in a good way (I heart lime juice big time). Plus, you can dial in the tartness based on how much fizzy water you add. I found this yielded 1 cup of the syrup. Syrup can easily be stored to use at your leisure.
This was one of the drinks served at our nonalcoholic "bar" at our corporate picnic this year. The bar served 7 drinks and this was in the top 3. The bar used diet Sprite and that seemed to give it a perfect balance of sweetness. The mixologist also neglected to strain the raspberries, however, it was actually just as nice finishing off the fruit in the bottom of the glass. Great nonalcoholic drink!