Recipe by Susan D.
You can substitute out all the sugar with sweetener to make it totally sugar free but I do find that by using a blend it tends to avoid some of the aftertaste that some sweeteners have - for me Splenda is one of the few artificial sweeteners that give a decent baking result.
- 15 ounces canned black beans
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F Grease or line an 8x8 pan.
- Drain and thoroughly rinse black beans.
- Puree black beans in food processor/blender until smooth and creamy it has been suggested that you may need to add one of the eggs to get the right texture.
- Beat in eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients - using a whisk blend together or run through a sifter. This will prevent the unpleasant surprise of a lump of baking powder.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry, mix until smooth.
- Add half of the chocolate chips to batter.
- Pour batter in greased or lined 8x8 pan - batter will be liquid.
- Sprinkle remaining chips over batter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.