Chef #1802732644's Note:
You can substitute out all the sugar with sweetener to make it totally sugar free but I do find that by using a blend it tends to avoid some of the aftertaste that some sweeteners have - for me Splenda is one of the few artificial sweeteners that give a decent baking result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F Grease or line an 8x8 pan.
- 2Drain and thoroughly rinse black beans.
- 3Puree black beans in food processor/blender until smooth and creamy it has been suggested that you may need to add one of the eggs to get the right texture.
- 4Beat in eggs.
- 5Combine dry ingredients - using a whisk blend together or run through a sifter. This will prevent the unpleasant surprise of a lump of baking powder.
- 6Add wet ingredients to the dry, mix until smooth.
- 7Add half of the chocolate chips to batter.
- 8Pour batter in greased or lined 8x8 pan - batter will be liquid.
- 9Sprinkle remaining chips over batter.
- 10Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reduced Sugar Black Bean Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 195.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: