Recipe by steph.marcellin
Taught to me by a friend, altered to be healthier, quicker, and to make the stuffing brighter.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen broccoli
- 2 cups shredded part-skim colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 2⁄3 cups vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
- Cook chicken in skillet over med-hi heat for about 5 minutes (to reduce fat, I do this without oil).
- In separate pan, mix water, garlic, and cream of mushroom soup and heat til warmed through.
- Microwave frozen broccoli.
- Place chicken in bottom of casserole dish, and cover with the broccoli.
- Spread half the cheese over broccoli, cover with soup.
- In pan used to make soup, heat vegetable broth (substituted cup for cup with water in your stuffing directions).
- Add stuffing to broth (I cut out any butter called for in directions to cut fat).
- Spread stuffing over soup, cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes, until center is piping hot and stuffing is crunchy.