Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I created this recipe for my girlfriend and her grandchildren as a healthy alternative to all of the other French Toast bakes out there. I hope you enjoy!
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups land o lakes fat free half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices , french breach cut into 1 inch cubes (I use homemade)
- 4 ounces philadelphia reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, frozen also works fine
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat the eggs and the next 6 ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the bread cubes until all sides of the cubes are coated.
- Thoroughly grease a 13x9x2 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray (I use a disposable foil pan).
- Pour the bread mixture into the greased pan.
- Top evenly with the blueberries, then the cream cheese cubes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 - 24 hours (I usually refrigerate overnight).
- Heat oven to 375 ºF.
- Uncover the pan and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite syrup (I use Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free syrup) and enjoy!