Red's Prize Winnin' Pintos
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Drain, place in a pot, and refill with water to cover the beans and add everything else. Cook very slowly for 4 to 6 hours.
- When the beans are done, test for salt and adjust to our preference.
- **Note this is an adopted recipe so I'm not going to change it but I've made these a couple of times and would give this as an alternative.
- Use half water and half chicken broth to cook your beans in, adding more chicken broth and water as they cook to get the right amount of liquid you want.
- Try using chipotles 2-3 instead of the jalapeno peppers.
- Use fresh jalapeno peppers instead of the canned.