Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe for a red wine vinaigrette that my aunt gave me. It is paired with a strawberry spinach salad with red onions.
- 1⁄2 cup light extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit at room temperature until sugar is dissolved, mixing occasionaly.
I needed a red wine vinaigrette for Spanish Flank Steak...this worked wonderful...thanks for posting it...=)
This was an excellent combination of flavors that has a sweet tent to it. I made a spinach salad with dried apricots, red onion and bacon bits and we really enjoyed that combination. I might cut back on the sugar (splenda for us) but I don't think DH would like it as much. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2011 :)