Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I really love these things, especially the mushrooms. Maybe I will do just all mushrooms some time. Yum.
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried herbs (marjoram, oregano, rosemary, basil, or combination)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs london broil beef, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs whole button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, cut into large chunks
- Place meat, mushrooms, and pineapple in a large container with lid.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over top. Stir gently to coat.
- Marinate for 2 hours at room temperature or overnight. (I do latter).
- Skewer meat, mushrooms, and pineapple.
- Grill over medium high heat, turning on each side, until done.
- I skewer stuff separately. Meat seems to take longer than the mushrooms which take longer than the pineapple. Not quite as pretty but easier to cook.
Not only do I enjoy finding a great recipe, it's fun to find one so great that hasn't been reviewed yet. I absolutely loved this marinade. For us it was the right mixture of tart & sweet, however, I did add an extra garlic clove. For the herbs I used all listed for a combination. I didn't have fresh pineapple so I cut up a bell pepper instead. I had some beef tenderloin pieces that I used & they soaked up the marinade wonderfully. Great suggestion to skewer the meat & vegys seperately, we cooked meat on the lower rack & vegys on the top rack & they both came out perfectly done to our preference. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.