Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Here is just a little something extra to serve with your nice grilled steak to jazz it up a bit.
Top Review by Boomette
It was good but we thought it had too much vinegar and ketchup. I couldn't taste the wine in the sauce. Maybe I would omit the ketchup and vinegar. Thanks Jackie :) Made for Newest Zaar tag
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (cider, red, or white wine)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, ginely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil, shallot and garlic clove for 1 minute. Add red wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the ketchup mixture. Serve with steak.