1 hr 30 mins
Ashley U's Note:
Great Brioche Tart
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
Filling and Sauce
- 1Butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- 2Mix flour, sugar, yeast and salt in processor.
- 3Add butter; mix until butter is reduced to pea size pieces.
- 4Add eggs and milk until well mixed.
- 5Using buttered fingertips, press dough into pan bottom.
- 6Cover with plastic.
- 7Let dough rise for about 1 3/4 hours.
- 8Stir wine and sugar in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves and mixture boils.
- 9Add pears.
- 10Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until pears are tender, about 8 minutes.
- 11Cool mixture for 30 minutes.
- 12Transfer pears to a plate.
- 13Boil wine syrup in pan until reduced to 1 cup, for about 4 minutes.
- 14Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- 15Stir into wine syrup.
- 16Whisk occasionally, cook until syrup thickens and boils.
- 17Set sauce aside.
- 18Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 19Starting at edge of pan and leaving 1/2-inch plain border, arrange pear slices close together in concentric circles on dough.
- 20Sprinkle pears and dough edge with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- 21Bake tart until edge is brown, pears are tender and crust is cooked through, for 30 minutes.
- 22Cool at least 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine and Pear Brioche Tart
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.7
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 323.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 44.9 g
- Protein 6.5 g