Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great Brioche Tart
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
Filling and Sauce
- 1 3⁄4 cups dry red wine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 medium bosc pears, peeled, quartered, cored, each quarter cut into 3 wedges
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- sour cream
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, yeast and salt in processor.
- Add butter; mix until butter is reduced to pea size pieces.
- Add eggs and milk until well mixed.
- Using buttered fingertips, press dough into pan bottom.
- Cover with plastic.
- Let dough rise for about 1 3/4 hours.
- Stir wine and sugar in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves and mixture boils.
- Add pears.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until pears are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Cool mixture for 30 minutes.
- Transfer pears to a plate.
- Boil wine syrup in pan until reduced to 1 cup, for about 4 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Stir into wine syrup.
- Whisk occasionally, cook until syrup thickens and boils.
- Set sauce aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Starting at edge of pan and leaving 1/2-inch plain border, arrange pear slices close together in concentric circles on dough.
- Sprinkle pears and dough edge with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake tart until edge is brown, pears are tender and crust is cooked through, for 30 minutes.
- Cool at least 15 minutes.