Recipe by Boomette
A recipe I found on Pinterest (http://dragitthroughthegarden.wordpress.com/2013/01/07/red-wine-and-garlic-mushrooms/) I made them. They're so good. But next time I have to add more wine, following DH's request.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Wonderful mushrooms! They were red wine reduced very nicely into a nice garlicky glaze. The fresh lemon juice and fresh parsley really make the recipe; don't skip either! Thanx for sharing!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 16 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once butter is melted and begins to bubble, add in garlic, stirring frequently, until it turns just golden, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in red wine and return mixture simmer.
- Add in mushrooms and toss to coat with sauce. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Remove lid, season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking on medium-low heat for an additional 5-8 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked through and the bottoms are golden.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle parsley over the top.