Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe I found on Pinterest (http://dragitthroughthegarden.wordpress.com/2013/01/07/red-wine-and-garlic-mushrooms/) I made them. They're so good. But next time I have to add more wine, following DH's request.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 16 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once butter is melted and begins to bubble, add in garlic, stirring frequently, until it turns just golden, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in red wine and return mixture simmer.
- Add in mushrooms and toss to coat with sauce. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Remove lid, season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking on medium-low heat for an additional 5-8 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked through and the bottoms are golden.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle parsley over the top.
Wonderful mushrooms! They were red wine reduced very nicely into a nice garlicky glaze. The fresh lemon juice and fresh parsley really make the recipe; don't skip either! Thanx for sharing!
This was a fabulous recipe, Boomette. I really enjoyed it. I completely forgot to sprinkle the lemon juice and parsley on tap before serving, but they were delicious nonetheless. I'll make this recipe often. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Very nice! I used some to make a french bread pizza. Thanks! Made for PRMR game.