Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
"The best way to eat this butter is to have it thickly spread on a folded over sandwich in each hand, a bottle of juice between your feet, and to have a loved one pulling you down a country road in your red wagon. Fall is the traditional time to enjoy this scenario, but other seasons work as well. In case of snowy conditions, a sled may replace the wagon. In case a country road is not available, city sidewalks make a good substitute." From www.hillbillyhousewife.com
- Melt the margarine in the microwave or on top of the stove.
- Stir in the yeast.
- Microwave or continue cooking on the stove until the mixture is bubbly and slightly thickened.
- My microwave does this in about 30 seconds.
- Stir again and spread on fresh baked bread or toast.
- For Vegan use Vegan margarine.
I love popcorn with this mix on it! It's so tasty! I added a little more margarine to thin it out (after halving theh recipe!) for my DH! Thank you Roosie!
Great way of adding a little B12 to the diet. Tastes good too provided you use the right nutritional yeast. The classic Red Star brand is rebranded as Lotus here in Australia. Expensive but the much better taste is very worthwhile.
I tried this recipe as soon as I read it. It's wonderful. I always want to try new ways to use Nutritional Yeast. I used this on a sandwich of spinach leaves, soy bacon and this spread. WONDERFUL! This is a recipe keeper for me.