Recipe by English_Rose
Red pesto has tomato and slightly less basil than the regular green pesto and is perfect for this recipe. If you like spaghetti bolognese you will also enjoy this red pesto lamb with pasta dish. The rich and tasty red pepper and tomato sauce makes a perfect partner to the ground lamb. If you want to cook ahead and freeze this dish then. Cool, cover and freeze in a freezer-proof container for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature. Tip into a saucepan, add a splash of water and reheat for 5-10 minutes until piping hot.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 6 1⁄2 ounces red pesto sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 6 ounces dried pasta shapes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a deep, wide frying pan. Add the lamb, onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes. Stir in the peppers, pesto and tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Mix into the meat sauce.
- Heat until piping hot and serve.