Recipe by Samuel Holden
Traditional Spanish peppers...Like my BF's grandmother makes :)) Also served as a Tapa (Pimientos del piquillo)
- 3 large red peppers
- 2 garlic heads (yes, the whole thing!)
- olive oil (to cover the peppers in the jars)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat your oven (sorry charishma -- ) to 250ºC and place the washed and dried peppers on a baking tray.
- Bake for about 2 hours (sometimes more sometimes less), until the skins come loose easily.
- Put the peeled garlic on the tray about halfway through, and don't let it burn!
- Remove all the skin.
- Place the peppers and the garlic in a clean, disinfected jar and cover in oil.
- Let them stand for a day or two in the fridge.
- Use in Spanish recipes, eat them on bread or have them with a tortilla.