Recipe by Phil Franco
From Rachel Ray Antipasto Additions: Italian tuna in oil, 4 ounces 1 jar marinated artichokes, 6 ounces Hot peppers, cheery peppers, Banana peppers or pepperoncini 1/2 pound sliced Italian deli meats, such as hot or sweet sopressata, Genoa salami 1/2 pound assorted Italian cheeses, sliced or cubed, such as asiago, provolone, and smoked mozzarella.
- 8 ounces bread, sliced (crusty)
- 2 large garlic cloves, cracked
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 16 ounces roasted red peppers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, a couple of handfuls
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (oil-cured- 20 olives)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- If your bread slices are wider than a few inches, cut each slice in 1/2. Char pieces of bread under hot broiler to toast and crisp.
- Rub with cracked garlic and drizzle bread with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Place roasted red peppers in a food processor with parsley.
- Place a few olives at a time under the flat of a knife and whack with the heal of your hand. Discard olive pits. Add olives to the food processor.
- Drain a few spoonfuls of capers and add to processor. Pulse the processor and grind into a paste.
- Transfer to a small dish.